Join Lorraine Segato and our team for a unique workshop using creative tools to uncover your work's meaning and purpose.
This 3-hour training will help you explore questions that can enrich and strengthen your organizing and artistic practice: "Why do I create? What are my principles? What impact do I want from my audience, and what action do I want?"
- Understand how your core values are influenced by music, poetry, film, murals, graphic arts and theatre pieces, and locate what drives your work.
- Grow your abilities as a leader using the power of artistic expression.
- Ground your work as an artist in true self-knowledge and self-awareness.
- Link your work as an organizer to other dimensions of creative expression.
- Awaken essential codes necessary for sustaining a lasting career.
- Learn to harness creativity as a tool to disrupt self-illusion and guide power.
Who: Those with organizing experience and/or have taken ICL's flagship course, People, Power, Change.
Cost: To be determined according to group size, structure and needs.
About the Instructor
Lorraine Segato is an iconoclastic performer with a compelling voice. She adds cultural context and artistic practices to our curriculum, drawing on her extensive experience as an arts ambassador to teach others how to utilize creative expressions. Lorraine guides emerging artists to tell their stories and motivate others to action through visual mediums, performances, and music. Her empowerment anthem, Rise Up, was inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2019.