The excellent work done by too many NGOs is simply not known outside their client base, which impacts fundraising, recruitment of volunteers and the effectiveness of your campaigns.
The Institute for Change Leaders offers a customized workshop to show you how to improve your ability to communicate with key audiences and the abundance of methods available to accomplish your goals.
The course will include presentations, mock sessions, critiques and coaching.
- Learn how to craft your stories to move your supporters and community to action.
- Refine your messages to reach your audiences and media outlets.
- Improve your presentation skills.
- Practice strategies to improve your profile and effectiveness as a messenger.
- Learn how to prepare for an interview with the media and other influencers.
Who: Organizers and activists looking to improve their ability to communicate effectively.
Cost: To be determined according to group size, structure and needs.
About the Instructor
Brendan Agnew-Iler is a veteran campaigner and strategic communications consultant. Since serving as press secretary and senior advisor to Toronto Mayor David Miller, Brendan has worked on high-profile public issues such as transit investment and expansion, carbon pricing, science education, child care, climate change and public health.