Note: You must purchase a ticket on Eventbrite here!
Are you passionate about making change in your community?
During a two-day workshop with Olivia Chow (former City Councilor and Member of Parliament), the Institute for Change Leaders will teach you how to:
- Tell your story to motivate others
- Using deep canvassing to connect with voters and supporters about your cause
- Design a strategy that gets the change you want
- Structure your team to avoid burnout and facilitate growth
- Recruit and keep volunteers
- Choose tactics that move decision makers
Olivia Chow is basing the curriculum 2-day workshop from the teachings of Harvard University Professor Marshall Ganz, an adviser to President Obama's 2008 Presidential campaign.
Note: The session will be held on November 2-3, 2019
You will learn through lectures and small group activities that will allow you to practice the skills we teach. You will work with an experienced organizer, who will facilitate your group and help you plan your organizing project. You will finish the course ready to tell your story, with a developed organizing statement, and tools to plan your organizing project's strategy and tactics.
Breakfast, snacks, and coffee are included in the training cost.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org