Are you passionate about a social issue? Do you want to make change in your community?
During a two-day workshop in February with Ryerson University's Distinguished Visiting Professor Olivia Chow, the Institute for Change Leaders will teach you how to:
- Tell your story to motivate others
- Design a strategy that gets the change you want
- Structure your team to avoid burnout and facilitate growth
- Recruit and keep volunteers
- Choose tactics that move decision makers
Olivia Chow is basing the curriculum 2 day workshop from the teachings of Harvard University Professor Marshall Ganz, an advisor to President Obama's 2008 Presidential campaign.
You will learn through lectures and small group activities that allow you to practice the skills we teach. You will work with an experienced organizer who will facilitate your group and help you plan your organizing project.
This training will take place on February 25 + 26 from 9am - 5pm.